wagon wheel pasta gear train - momgineer

Thursday, February 24, 2011

wagon wheel pasta gear train


I dyed some pasta last night to use for some crafts today. One of the kinds I had was mini wagon wheels, and when I brought them inside from drying in the garage overnight, my brain was chanting "gears!" so I grabbed some toothpicks and cardboard boxes and made a wagon wheel gear train. I had to share it with the kids, and you too!

What you need:
  • wagon wheel pasta (dyeing is optional)
  • toothpicks
  • cardboard box
Pick out the most circular ones to make this easier. All you have to do is put a wagon wheel on the cardboard box and impale the cardboard right through the center hole. Put another wheel next to it and poke your next toothpick through.


I will be on the lookout for regular sized wagon wheel pasta as well to make this even more fun! I took a quick video:

video
momgineer Meredith Anderson

STEM education is my passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment