week in review - momgineer

week in review


It's been awhile since I posted but I thought it might be nice to do a week in review. I don't dump photos off my camera often enough but I grabbed a few from my phone. What we've been up to this past week:

There was a lot of creating! From snow walls to angry birds to gears galore, there were plenty of imaginary story lines this week. A huge 3D puzzle was completed (and I didn't touch a single piece). My 5yo wanted to make a chess set entirely out of LEGOs. He had clear ideas about how each piece should look. We played a game with them when they were finished. My 7yo had his 5th chess tournament and was thrilled to walk away with a trophy to add to his collection. We learned a little about Chinese New Year, and honed fine motor skills with a lot of cutting.We listened to Story of the World, and after I read the first 15 or so pages of Diary of a Wimpy Kid, the 7yo finished the book the next day. I had a lot of explaining to for that book! We have talked about bullying in the past but I guess he forgot what it was, so we had to go over it again, as well as a bunch of other words we don't generally use in our house (nerd, dork, moron, etc.). It made me very grateful to be homeschooling these kids!


 What have you been up to this week?

momgineer Meredith Anderson

STEM education is my passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment