felt scrap wreaths - momgineer

felt scrap wreaths


I saw a cute felted wool wreath craft for kids on pinterest (seen here; scroll down a few crafts) so I thought we would try it with felt scraps.

What you need:
  • chenille stems 
  • felt scraps, cut into shapes or strips about 1.5" wide (You will want to cut squares for very young children, but kids 3.5-6 were all able to weave the strips with ease.)
  • scissors
  • string or ornament hook to hang your wreath
Colorful wreaths!











I marked 0.5" from the left side, then every 1.5"after, snipping a hole where I marked.
I found this weaving made the wreath making go a lot faster than squares.
Working hard.
Halfway done.
He liked this so much, he made two!
 
When you are finished adding felt, just twist the ends together to make a circle. Attach a string or hook for hanging. Done!

This is definitely a craft I would do again. There is a bit of prep time, as you will probably want at least 10 strips of felt per wreath, but it is at least fairly mindless prep! These would look lovely hanging in windows as well as on a tree.

momgineer Meredith Anderson

STEM education is my passion!

No comments:

Post a Comment